April 19, 2010

Posted on 1:43 PM by Elder Messer | 1 comments

Hey everyone,

Another transfer just ended and my old companion (Elder Lopez) is on his way home. I`m getting a new companion named Elder Chavez. So far I don’t know much about him. Hes from Guatemala and has been out for 3 ½ months less than me. Hopefully hes a hard worker! These last few weeks have been a little difficult because I had a companion that was going home. It made me a little homesick thinking about him going home. But hopefully all of that will wear off as we get back out to work this week. Oh and I got sick this week so that was kinda lame too. I`m not sure what it was from. I think I must have eaten something weird or maybe someone gave me water that wasn`t purified or something like that. I wasn`t able to work Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. But i`m pretty much better now so all is well.

We were going to have a baptism this week but the guy had problems with question 4 in his interview so now he has to wait and get interviewed by president sloan to see if he can get baptized. We`re keeping our fingers crossed.

I don’t really have much to tell about this week since I was sick in bed for half the week…. We did a service project on Wednesday where we helped a lady start to build a new house. We dug a couple of house and put some pieces of wood in them. It was a rather easy service compared to some of the others that we`ve done.

Yesterday there were 3 small earthquakes here. Elder Lopez and I were in our house and it started shaking. The fist thing I did was run outside because I didn`t want to be inside if it collapsed. Luckily the earthquakes were really small and really quick so there was no damage. Hopefully they don’t come back. Our house is only made of cinder blocks and cement… its not all the sturdy... hopefully if there is a big earthquake it will be during the day when we`re not at home.

Anyway, that’s about all that happened this week. I hope everything is going well for everyone back home! Until next week!

-Elder Messer

Jordy's Baptism

1 comments:

Camp Dennis Est. 2006 said...

Stay safe, I'm praying for ya!

Post a Comment